Pages

Wednesday 5 June 2013

The Interview

So last week I went for an interview. The first in about 10 years.
To give a bit of background, I have a Bsc Hons degree in Zoology and have worked any years in the science field.  A few years ago I decided to do a Masters in Landscape Architecture as a way to combine my scientific background and my creative side. Well that is another whole story to be told some other time.
I worked for many years prior to having babies...then took time off to be a fulltime mother. However I did keep busy and the wolf from the door by doing a bit of webpage design.

So now the kids are growing up, and I want to work. I desperately want to work. For my sanity, to keep that horrid wolf from bashing down the door and to see and work with other people again. Really tired of my own company and bouncing ideas around inside my own head.

So I applied for a job (have applied for many to no avail) -this is for a job that was neither science nor Landscape architecture, but a web administrator post -  and GOT an interview... had to read the email about 5 times to make sure that they were actually saying they wanted to interview me.

On the day it took me two hours to dress....have no idea what working people wear - guess its not jeans and sloppy jerseys. Had to scrounge thro the wardrobe for the smartest clothes I have, put on some make up....and off I went...scared, nervous, terrified but excited!!! Well the interview lasted 10 minutes. Enough time for them to tell me I was too old - they are actually looking for a junior person - but my CV was interesting so wanted to meet me. Geeez, they could have just invited me for a beer at the local pub and talk about my wildly interesting past! And I could've worn jeans.....



1 comment:

  1. Great for stepping out after such a long time.......a very unusual interview, hope that there will be more to come that lead you somewhere.

    ReplyDelete